During a heated email exchange today Bottle started spewing idealistic arguments about ethical government and how there is no need for oil. While I admire his Utopian ideals, I don't think they are realistic. We didn't want all this good material to go to waste here are some highlights...
- Obama is doing a shitty job and deserves to not be re-elected at this point.
So what do you think McCain and Palin would have done differently that would be better?
- Obamacare and getting involved in Libya are his two big mistakes. He sucks... he's not in touch with the needs of the country... you know I am not a liberal-hating conservative... I feel like a have a fair view of the issues and his agendas. And he's clearly a socialist and a fake Christian... the former matters, the latter I don't care about (although I believe it's true).
But many of your personal viewpoints are compatible with Socialism....any of the unemployment checks you receive, school aid, all that stuff is by definition socialism.
- I'm not against socialist initiatives, I just don't like that he incorporates aspects of it into his agendas and then acts like everyone is crazy when they point it out. It doesn't work to go half way, to try to incorporate progressive changes into the current system. It isn't compatible. Maybe incremental changes but not the type of commie stuff he supports (and most Americans despise)
This directly contradicts your previous statement that he should have "gone all the way" instead of doing it half ass within the existing system.
- We definitely should not have bombed Libya, for so many reasons. So you're saying that we went in strictly for oil. That's not what Obama said.
There are lots of reasons not to bomb Libya, but our economy depends on oil too much. Would you be willing to pay $5 or $6 per gallon? The answer may be yes, but I don't think you fully understand the impact on the economy that oil has at the moment...right or wrong, it has dictated foreign policy in the middle east for many years.
- Obama pulled a Bush, then used liberal gibberish to support it. Moving to Canada gets more appealing every day. You don't have to deal with nonsense like this... you have your health benefits covered and lap dances are $12... too bad it's so cold there.
Luckily I was able to selectively edit this to my liking, so many of bottle's comments are taken somewhat out of context to make him look like a whiny liberal.