Monday, February 28, 2011

Please God NO!



He's baaaack. Or if the reports are correct, he is. I have to admit, I shuddered a little even searching for images of this dude.

I guess we can't blame D'Antoni and Walsh. We've possibly got a good thing going here, just came off what is probably the best win of the year, but something was missing. That's right, the Knicks just don't have enough players whose face can single handedly repulse entire defenses. So now that Houston has wised up and shed Jeffries contract, let's go pick up the man with the 3 foot range jump shot and hands of stone.

I don't mean to pick on poor Jared but I'd rather have Jared from Subway playing back up power forward.

Of course, I'm over reacting and he's not really going to get much playing time. Who knows, maybe in short spurts he could actually be good for something. But the whole thing just reminds me of the Isiah era that we all finally just washed ourselves clean of and that is not a good thing. He is after all one of Isiah's guys. Went to Indiana and can be scrappy. I was at the game when he backed Melo all the way down to 8th ave. This may mean that Zeke is in the background somewhere advising, despite what Dolan says to the contrary. Let's just hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

For fun, here's the video of that fight. This should do wonders for team chemistry:

4 comments:

  1. There's this misconception going around that Jeffries is good at rebounding. He averaged 4 rebounds a game over his career. Jared from Subway could probably get 3 or 4 off lucky bounces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's unbelievably awful. I used to always hear how coaches loved him. I don't know why, he does absolutely nothing well. And he's a terrible person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pickings are slim out there. The player they should have went after was Troy Murphy. Before he came over via trade to NJ, he averaged 14 and 11 during his last two season in Indiana. He has horrible numbers this season because he was injured and landed in Avery's dog house. But now that he's healthy he could be a good contributed and role player. He may not be a good defender but at least he's a proven rebounder that can play center and shoot the three reasonably well. Sounds just about right for D'Antoni's system, a big that can shoot and rebound.

    And Jeffries is awful. The Knicks should have gotten back their 2012 pick from Houston while they were at it. I guess he's a decent help defender that can guard multiple positions, but that's about it. He sucks in every other facet of the game

    Shank

    ReplyDelete
  4. I threw up in my mouth when I heard this story.

    ReplyDelete