Saturday, February 12, 2011

Bagel movie pick

I first saw this movie in high school and quickly forgot about it until stumbling across it on IFC recently. Sean Penn stars (along with his brother Chris R.I.P.) as the douchey son of Walken's character who's the boss of a white trash crime syndicate that steals tractors and the like somewhere in the middle of nowhere. As you can tell by the "Like Father, Like Son, Like Hell" tagline, there's a lot of betrayal and beer drinking and shootings and Walken eventually rapes his own son's girlfriend to teach that ungrateful sumbitch a lesson. The whole thing makes you want to take a shower but it's still strangely watchable. Also features Sean's girl Madonna's song "Live to Tell".

I give it 3 out of 4 bagels.

1 comment:

  1. I;m going to try and check it out and see if I agree with the bagel rating.

    ReplyDelete