Tuesday, May 17, 2011
PTU Top Ten 80's Action Movies
If you don't know who those guys are in the picture, you may not like any of the films listed here. After some lengthy discussion today, this is a fairly good representation of the broader PTU but I'm sure that not all of us would agree on the same list. Sadly, there are some of us that haven't even seen some of the best movies of our generation.
So if you know where Mypos is and hope to travel to Melmac one day, click the link below...
Since it would take up too much space and I'm lazy, only the top five movies will have a photo to jog your memory.
10) Delta Force: Never really liked Chuck Norris, but you have to include this movie in the top 10 list. He was better in Delta Force then he ever was hawking workout equipment.
9) Bloodsport: Karate Kid for adults. KUMITE!, KUMITE!
8) Robocop: As many other on PTU have pointed out, lots of crazy ways for things to blow up and people to die. Plus a crazy robot cop is kind of cool. Maybe Detroit would still be around if he was real.
7) Deathwish: I realize this is technically a 70's movie, although many of the sequels came out in the 80's. It still does a great job of representing what most of NYC was like for the 80's anyway. Also, Charles Bronson is pretty bad ass in this movie.
6) Raiders of the Lost Ark: How did this franchise turn into Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull when it used to be this good?
5) Rambo First Blood: The cinematic genius embedded below needs no explanation.
4) Lethal Weapon: Classic buddy cop movie 1980's action style. Features Mel Gibson before he turned crazy.
3) Die Hard: Someone at PTU who will remain anonymous has admitted to never watching Die Hard. If you don't watch it soon, it means you are definitely a commie.
2) Terminator 2 (as Blacky pointed out, technically early 90's): This movie had crazy special effects for the time, a decent plot, lots of explosions and chase scenes, and Arnold before he got mixed up in politics. It was a simpler time....
1) Predator: Some may dispute my choice of Predator as the #1 1980's action movie, and certainly the choice is subjective. But keep the following in mind:
-Movie had crazy aliens that looked like bug face things
-Tactical nuclear weapons explosions
-Crazy fall into body of water from great heights
-Not one, but TWO future governors
-Once again Arnold makes an appearance before he fathered children with the maid